Introduction to the SET Module
Welcome to the second module in the Institute for Equity in Birth Outcomes, SET. This module will show you how to engage the community, identify your strategy, and develop your road map for implementing your public health initiative.
At the completion of this module, the participant will be able to:
- Involve community members in all activities—from identifying the relevant issues and making decisions about how to address them to evaluating and sharing the results with the community.
- Develop a strategy based on considering perspectives of the community, developing a shared measurement, and identifying a backbone organization(s).
- Create a detailed plan for your proposed initiative, including a logic model, data collection activities, and an evaluation plan.
Tips for Getting the Most from this Module
- You can access the 3 Ready, Set, Go modules from the navigation at the very top of the screen or you can access specific topics via the left-hand navigation bar. The modules are presented in order, but you can access any of their content, anytime, based on your learning needs.
- You can access additional information as well as tools and other resources to support your learning by clicking Read More under each topic. Additional learning and implementation materials are accessible through the Tools link at the top of the page an through the left-hand navigation bar.
- Additional resources for each topic are also included at the bottom of each page.
What's in this Module
This module consists of three sections that walk you through mid-course steps in conducting a public health intervention. See the topics below for each section. You can access the sections here or you can use the link at the bottom right of the page to walk through the steps sequentially.
Identify Your Strategy
Look Upstream & Downstream
Develop a Shared Measurement
Identify a Backbone Organization
Develop Your Road Map
Create a Logic Model
Create a Data Collection Plan
Design a Evaluation Plan
Prepare for Sustainability
Back to READY Module Proceed to Engage the Community